What's your router saying?
The eero has an LED front and centre which will be solid white when connected to the internet.
If the colour changes, find out what it means below:
⚬ Solid White (Online)
The router is connected to the internet
The eero is successfully connected to the internet.
If you're having trouble connecting to a particular device, refer to its settings/manual.
⚬ Flashing White (Connecting)
The router is connecting to the internet
The eero is starting up.
Wait up to five minutes for it to complete and for the LED to change.
⚬ Solid Blue (Connected)
The eero is connected to the internet - complete setup
Open the eero app and follow the steps on how to set up your network.
Once it's done, you'll be able to use our service.
⚬ Flashing Blue (Bluetooth pairing)
The eero is in set up mode and searching for your phone
Bluetooth is used to set the router up via the eero app.
If you're having difficulty, follow these steps:
1. Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone - open Settings and tap Bluetooth (or Settings > Connections > Bluetooth).
2. If Bluetooth is unavailable, the app will give you the option to connect manually by typing in the serial number found on the bottom of the router.
⚬ Solid Red (Offline)
The eero is offline
If it's unexpected, follow these steps in order:
1. Check cables for any damage and ensure they're securely plugged in at the back of the router and at the wall.
2. Power cycle the eero by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.
3. Soft reset the eero by firmly holding the reset button until the LED flashes yellow (7 seconds). After a few moments the LED should return to solid white.
If the eero still isn't coming back online, please contact us.
⚬ Flashing Red (Resetting)
The eero is resetting
Allow 5 minutes for it to come back online.
⚬ Solid Green (Identifying)
Multiple eeros have been detected
If you're setting up a network with more than one eero, set them up through the app one at a time.
If multiple eeros are plugged in at once, you can see which one is ready for set up as it'll have a solid green LED.
⚬ Solid Yellow (Power issue)
The eero has a power supply problem
An unapproved or damaged power cable is being used.
It's best to use the power supply that came with the eero in the box.
⚬ No Light (Off)
The eero doesn’t have power
Check that the eero is plugged into a working power source.
Ensure that the LED is not turned off via the eero app.
The router comes with eero Backup which allows you to stay connected to the internet if your broadband connection has gone down.